Did You Know?
The West Monroe High School Foundation is proud of the school's academic accomplishments. Public schools are limited
in their opportunities to tout their successes in their community, so the WMHS Foundation takes great pride in sharing such successes on behalf of the school.
Beginning in the Spring of 2013, the State of Louisiana required all high school juniors and seniors to take the ACT.
* 81% of the students at WMHS scored an 18 or above (this score indicates a student's
readiness for post secondary success)
* WMHS has the highest average composite score in Ouachita Parish
* State average is 58% of students scoring 18 or above
* WMHS's average score on ACT is 22, while the state average is 20.3 and national 20.9
* WMHS had 40 students scoring 30+ on ACT in 2013
* WMHS had 87.5% of students score a 3 or higher on AP Exams, which is the highest percentage in the State.
Our graduation rate (the percent of students who enter the ninth grade and successfully graduate four years later) is 80%
The state average is 72%.
West Monroe High School partners with many businesses in the community, and offers industry-based certifications in the following:
Certified Nursing Assistant
Microsoft Office Specialist
4-Stroke Small Engine Technician
ServSafe® Food Protection Manager